Follow by Email

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Michelle Obama forced husband to give up smoking

With the economy in tatters and his opponents baying for blood, it's a stressful time for President Obama. But the president does have one achievement he can be proud of- he has given up smoking cigarettes, and now his doctor has confirmed it.

The results of Obama's second medical examination since taking office, were released by the White House today, and the President was declared 'tobacco free'. Obama, formerly a Marlboro Red man, had smoked at least since college, but says he has managed to kick the habit, despite the stresses of office.

Earlier this year Michelle Obama claimed that her husband had not smoked for almost 12 months. The President has been trying to quit since at least 2006.

The First Lady is said to be the driving force behind her husband's decision to give up, having made it a condition of her support during his  leadership drive. While public opinion is likely to have been a strong motivation, his children are also said to have played a part.

But even after entering the White House and as recently as June 2009 he admitted that he still had the occasional puff. The 'Smoker-in-Chief' told a press conference: ‘I constantly struggle with it. Have I fallen off the wagon sometimes? Yes. Am I a daily smoker, a constant smoker? No.

‘I don't do it in front of my family, and I would say that I am 95 percent cured, but there are times where - there are times where I mess up.’ Obama's first presidential medical, which took place in February 2010, hinted at a continuing habit, with the doctor advising the commander-in-chief to 'continue smoking cessation' efforts.

It also documented his use of nicotine replacement therapy to stave off his cravings. President Obama has been careful not to be photographed smoking since taking office.

1 comment:

  1. After doing some research online, I got my first electronic cigarette kit at Vaporfi.

    ReplyDelete